No software installation is required, but setting up a static IP address is a necessary condition (read more on IP addresses in the general information notes).
1. Enter the main Windows menu by clicking the 'Start' button and select 'Control panel'.
2. Select 'Network and Internet'.
3. Click the link 'Change adapter settings' on the side panel.
4. In the opened window, right-click the network adapter which connects you to the Internet, and select the 'Properties' option.
5. You will be shown a list of adapter properties. Select 'Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)' and click the 'Properties' button under the list.
6. In the opened window, select the 'Use the following DNS server addresses' option. In the line 'Preferred DNS server' insert 188.8.131.52. In the line ‘Alternate DNS server’ insert 184.108.40.206
7. Click the 'OK' button.
8. Go to SafeDNS Dashboard > Settings and copy your IP address to the 'Enter an IP-address or DynDNS' box. Then click 'Add'.
You have successfully configured SafeDNS for Windows 7.
Please note that Windows may still be using the addresses saved in the local DNS cache. It is recommended to clean it using the following steps:
1. Press 'Start'
2. Search for 'cmd' and open the suggested application
3. Type in the following command in the opened window ipconfig /flushdns