Last modified: September 17, 2015
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses and browsers, then read about these key terms first.
Your privacy matters to us so please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact us.
Information we collect
Information you give us
We may ask you to provide us with personal information, such as your name, email address, telephone number, credit card details and other contact details.
We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, etc).
When you use our services, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include: details of how you used our service, such as your search queries, Internet protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL, etc.
We use IP addresses to administer our website, track your movements within the site and to analyze trends. The IP addresses do not provide us with your personally identifiable data.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect SafeDNS and our users.
When you contact us, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
If you have opted-in to receive updates via email and then wish to be removed from this service, you can achieve this by following the unsubscribe instructions found at the bottom of the email.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with government agencies, companies, organizations and individuals outside of SafeDNS unless one of the following circumstances apply:
With your consent
We will share personal information with government agencies, companies, organizations or individuals outside of SafeDNS when we have your consent to do so.
For external processing
For legal reasons
We will share personal information with government agencies, companies, organizations or individuals outside of SafeDNS if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of SafeDNS, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect SafeDNS and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- we encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- we review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- we restrict access to personal information to SafeDNS employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.