Please note, that the path to the file and/or package name might be different.
1. Open the “Downloads” folder:
2. Run the downloaded file and install the Agent. Enter the Admin password if prompted.
3. You will see the following window once the installation finishes:
1. Restart your system. The Agent icon will appear in the system tray.
2. Open the Agent by clicking on the icon in the system tray.
3. Enter your SafeDNS account credentials in the opened window.
4. Set up the security PIN that will be used later to restrict access to the Agent:
5. Enter the PIN once again to sign in to the Agent:
The main window of the Agent. Here you can view your account information, current IP address, your Billing Plan, and the Subscription expiration date. Use the Policy list to view and change the current filtering Policy.
System information tab shows the brief information about the Agent, current filtering policies, and the network interfaces:
To make sure the Agent was installed correctly, please navigate to the "Settings" tab in the SafeDNS Dashboard - https://www.safedns.com/cabinet/devices/ - and scroll down to the bottom. If you see the record with the Device name and your IP address, it means that the filtering is working.
After that, you can adjust the filtering Policy according to your needs. You can select categories to block here - https://www.safedns.com/cabinet/categories/. Don't forget to click the "Save changes" button.
The setup is complete!
A blocked website will display an error message that the Access is closed:
If the filtering doesn't work according to your policy settings, clear the cache of your browser.
!Please note, that settings take 5-7 minutes to apply.
!Stats and filtering status update hourly.
For the .rpm package use the following command:
sudo rpm -e agentsafedns
For the .deb package use the following command:
sudo apt-get remove agentsafedns
Enter "y" if prompted to confirm the Agent removal.