No software installation is required, but setting up a static IP address is a necessary condition (read more about IP addresses in the general information notes).
1. Open the Start menu and type in 'Control panel'. Open the suggested application.
2. Select View network status and tasks in the Network and Internet category.
3. Now click the link Change adapter settings on the side menu.
4. In the list of Network connections right-click the network adapter which connects you to the internet and select Properties.
5. You will see a list of adapter properties. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click the Properties button under the list.
6. In opened window select Use the following DNS server addresses. In the line Preferred DNS server insert 184.108.40.206. In the line Alternate DNS server insert 220.127.116.11.
7. Click the OK button to save your settings.
8. Go to SafeDNS Dashboard > Settings and copy your IP address to the 'Enter an IP-address or DynDNS' box. Then click 'Add'.
You have successfully configured SafeDNS for Windows 10.
Please note that Windows may still be using the addresses saved in the local DNS cache. It is recommended to clean it using the following steps:
1. Press 'Start'
2. Search for 'cmd' and open the suggested application
3. Type in the following command in the opened window ipconfig /flushdns