SafeDNS is a cloud-based content filtering service based on the domain name technology – DNS, domain name system. The DNS protocol is used to map the IP address of the site and its domain name. Computers and websites work with IP addresses but for us as customers, it is more convenient to use names of sites – domains. For example, it is easier to remember google.com, not the 126.96.36.199 IP address.
We offer a wide selection of secure, fast and reliable solutions for content and web filtering. You can find an appropriate solution for your industry or type of organization – from small business to enterprise. Work with us to make the internet safe. Contact us if you want to know more about our content filtering solutions.
- Protect your family from threats and dangers on the internet.
- Block inappropriate websites.
- Protect every internet-connected device from tablets, laptops to gaming consoles.
- Use SafeDNS Agent, a SafeDNS software agent for Windows-based PCs, to protect your family even when you are away.
- Get protection for the entire home network with no software required.
- Protect your company and maximize employees' productivity.
- Block inappropriate and insecure websites.
- Get centralized protection and management for your decentralized infrastructure.
Educational Institutions and Libraries
- Reliable protection for all educational institutions from K-12 schools to higher education.
- Full CIPA compliance.
- Safe internet for your campus networks and every connected device in your school or college.
Telecoms and Internet Service Providers (ISPs)
- Protect your infrastructure and users.
- Get a standalone solution with the ability to serve millions of users.
- Launch your own branded protection for your customers (parental control and content filtering services).
- Follow government regulations.
Wi-Fi Hotspots and Wireless ISPs
- Protect your infrastructure and users in few minutes.
- Provide centralized protection and management for your decentralized infrastructure.
- Secure access without excessive filtering to your customer satisfaction.
Service Providers and VARs
- Join our partnership program and earn money with us.
- Protect your customers' networks and devices against threats with less service overheads.
- Get reseller panel for centralized management of all your customers' networks and registration of users.
- Show your own brand for your customers.
- Use our database of categorized websites in your own software and systems.
- Integrate a white-labeled version of SafeDNS Agent.
- Install SafeDNS parental control software on your PCs or other devices.
Pretty simple. As a registered user you choose the categories of websites you wish to block in your SafeDNS filtering service Dashboard at safedns.com. A few minutes later the changes will come into effect on SafeDNS DNS servers, and the filtering rules that you have set will be applied to the protected networks and devices.
Once you have done that, all DNS requests from these networks and devices are redirected to the SafeDNS servers, where each request is categorized and checked against the content categories you have previously blocked. If there's a request for a site not included in any of the blocked categories or in any blacklist, the IP address of the site will be returned, and the web page will be opened. If the request is for a site from a blocked category, then the answer will contain IP address of the SafeDNS block page. At the same time, the quality of content filtering in many respects depends on the relevance of a website database, used for site categorization, as well as on the coverage of the internet by the database.
SafeDNS provides the best categorization database on the market. Now the database contains over 100 million sites, which covers approximately 3/4 of the existing and working internet resources.
The SafeDNS categorization database is based on:
- Automatic categorization by the SafeDNS crawler,
- Detection of virus propagation sites by a special module for detecting malicious resources,
- Manual categorization by SafeDNS specialists,
- DNS logs of SafeDNS users,
- Custom categorization.